Here are a few tips to help your child with language development.
* Always speak to your child using complete sentence.
* Ask questions that require more than yes or no answers.
* Play games that include songs and rhymes, such as "Jack and Jill" and "Hickory Dickory, Dock." Always encourage your child to imitate the words.
* Ask questions about the immediate environment. For example, if your folding laundry, ask your child the color of each piece of clothing.
* If your child wants something and she points to the item, tell her to "use your words."
* Read, read, read to your child...you can never overdo reading!