Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Craft for Kids

I'm a little late posting this, but I've been really busy and I'm just now getting a chance! This Easter egg craft was very messy but tons of fun. My students who have lots of difficulty with fine motor skills needed quite a bit of assistance with this task, but fortunately, we had peer tutors in the classroom that were eager to help. All you need to get started are a bag of plastic Easter eggs, Elmer's glue, scissors, and some colorful fabric scraps.
Cut the fabric scraps into tiny pieces. They should not be any larger than 1/4-inch by 1/4-inch...the smaller, the better.  Pour the glue into a paper or plastic bowl. Dip a fabric scrap into the glue then smooth it onto the egg.

Keep adding fabric scraps until the egg is completely covered. You may want to take a break half way through and let the egg dry. This will keep it from being so difficult to handle (the egg gets really sticky). The end result...LOVELY Easter Eggs!


Dear Readers, If you have found my blog to be helpful, please "like" my Facebook page and follow my blog...I'm trying to get my book published and this would be a great help! Thanks :) 

1 comment: