Click HERE to vote for the Tummy Time Trainer!!!tummy time! Unfortunately, many infants dislike being positioned on the stomach for play, but it is critical that they are exposed to tummy time starting from the first days of life. Why? Because tummy time promotes head control, and strengthens the trunk, shoulder, arm, and hand muscles, and all of these are important for the development of important milestones such as rolling over, crawling, and pulling up.
Because I see so many babies who resist tummy time, I created the Tummy Time Trainer, which has recently been patented. The Tummy Time Trainer transforms tummy time into an enjoyable experience for both infants and parents. Here are the benefits of the Tummy Time Trainer:
· Created by a pediatric occupational therapist (me!)
· Customized design
· Tailored support
· Provides a nice lift to the chest
· Strengthens infant’s neck, back, shoulder, and hand muscles
· Helps develop head control
· Special contours allow baby to bear weight on elbows and hands
To watch a brief video about the Tummy Time Trainer, click HERE.