Are you looking for inexpensive items to include in your therapy "bag of goodies?" Are you a parent that is tired of spending the BIG bucks on therapy equipment and supplies for your child? Well, if you have $20.00 to spend, I have a recommendation for you! This 100-piece wooden block set is available on Amazon for $18.95, and it is one of my favorite therapy "tools."
- Copy the Design- Build a block design that is a "just right challenge" for your child to copy. This activity addresses grasp and release skills, eye-hand coordination, and visual perceptual skills. It's also a wonderful way to learn about colors and shapes.
- Build a Tower- Stacking block to make the tallest tower possible is a fun activity for all children. This task addresses eye-hand coordination, skilled release and placement, and visual motor skills.
- Count Down- When stacking the blocks, be sure to count each one as it's placed to work on those math skills!
- Race Time- Time your child while stacking the blocks or building a particular structure. He'll have fun racing to beat "his time." Working against the clock will address your child's motor planning skills and coordination.
- Tunnel Time- Make several tunnels using the blocks, then practice rolling a marble through the tunnels without "bumping" the blocks. This activity is also good for motor control and planning, and it's will challenge her spatial skills.
Dear Readers, If you have found my blog to be helpful, please "like" my Facebook page and follow my blog...Thanks :)