You will need:
1 piece of foam board- (approximately 30" x 15")
Different colors of pipe cleaners
A paper towel roll
1. Make a "partial cut" across the middle of the foam board
2. Reinforce the side of the foam board that is still connected with Duct Tape
3. Poke holes in the foam board using a metal skewer or other sharp object (be careful!)
4. Attach a piece of tape across the bottom of the folded foam board so that it makes a triangular shape like a slant board (see photo).
5. Cut the pipe cleaners in half, fold them, and poke each one through one of the holes. Spread the ends of the pipe cleaners apart on the backside of the foam board and secure them with duct tape.
6. Cut the paper towel roll to make rings and cover each one with a different color of tape or construction paper. The colors of the rings should correspond with the colors of the pipe cleaners.
Now you are ready to have some fun with your mini ring toss game! The rings can be placed or tossed on the pipe cleaners. You can instruct the child to match the colors or to "place the red ring on the number 5." Increase the challenge by having the child place the rings using tongs. The possibilities are limitless!!!